Random input?

  1. #1
    Sitt
    Guest

    Random input?

    I'm making a test database up, but what I want to do is input a random model
    machine name into columns of cells. In other words I want to stipulate say
    25 different machine names and I want to put them randomly into a particular
    column. Is this possible from within Excel without me having to type them in
    by hand?

  2. #2
    Bucky
    Guest

    Re: Random input?

    Sitt wrote:
    > I'm making a test database up, but what I want to do is input a

    random model
    > machine name into columns of cells. In other words I want to

    stipulate say
    > 25 different machine names and I want to put them randomly into a

    particular
    > column. Is this possible from within Excel without me having to type

    them in
    > by hand?

    Can you define what a machine name is? Is it a word? how many
    characters? can it be a number?

    Can you just have a list like 1, 2, 3, ... or A, B, C...?

  3. #3
    Sitt
    Guest

    Re: Random input?

    Hi, it will most probably be both words and numbers.

    news:[email protected]...