Protecting Multiple Sheets

  1. #1
    pjd
    Guest

    Protecting Multiple Sheets

    Hi

    I have a workbook with 60 sheets in it. I need to protect 52 sheets only.

    Is there a way I can do this collectively instead of each one individaully??

    Cheers
    --
    All help much appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Protecting Multiple Sheets

    Hi

    one way is to run the following code:
    ---
    Sub ProtectAll()
    For Each ws In Sheets
    ws.Protect ("pwd")
    Next

    Set sh = ActiveSheet
    varr = Array("Sheet1", "sheet3")
    For i = LBound(varr) To UBound(varr)
    With Worksheets(varr(i))
    .Activate
    .Unprotect ("pwd")
    End With
    Next
    sh.Activate
    in the line
    varr = Array("Sheet1", "sheet3")
    list the names of the sheets you do not want protected.

    note: this code applies a password of pwd to the protected sheets - if you
    want another password just replace pwd (in 2 places) with the password you
    want, if you don't want a password just delete the ("pwd") bit.

    to use this code, right mouse click on any sheet tab, choose view code, to
    display the vbe window, choose insert / module, copy & paste the code in
    there, make the changes and then use ALT & F11 to switch back to your
    workbook. Choose tools / macro / macros, find Protect all and choose RUN

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...