count cells that have *text1* and don't have *text2*

  1. #1
    amntre
    Guest

    count cells that have *text1* and don't have *text2*

    I have a column of text cells (each with different number of words),
    And need to count those cells which meets the following conditions:
    They have the text “box� and don’t have the text “not� in them.

    For example: “White boxes not present “-> should not be counted
    “Boxes cover� -> should be counted.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: count cells that have *text1* and don't have *text2*

    Try...

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("box",A1:A10))),--(1-ISNUMBER(SEARCH("not"
    ,A1:A10))))

    Hope this helps!