Picture behind text in Cells

  1. #1
    Bezza
    Guest

    Picture behind text in Cells

    Is there any way in which a picture can be sent behind the text in the
    worksheet cells?

    Or round the other way, is there any way to show the cells contents in
    front of a picture?

    Many thanks

    Bezza

  2. #2
    RES%nospam
    Guest

    Re: Picture behind text in Cells

    Format\sheet\background
    should do the trick

    RES

  3. #3
    Bezza
    Guest

    Re: Picture behind text in Cells

    That is a valid command. Unfortunately I've got numerous different
    images that need to be displayed behind cells.

    I need to use the cells so that the values displayed infront of the
    different pictures can be used in forumula's.

    Bezza

  5. #5
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Picture behind text in Cells

    Pictures, except for watermarks, live in the drawing layer "in front of"
    of the cells. You can adjust the transparency of the picture -
    right-click the picture, choose Format Picture, and enter a large
    percentage in the transparency textbox.

    Note that the picture will still prevent selection of the cell with the
    mouse, since it's still "in front of" the cell (assuming it covers it
    completely). You can still use arrow keys, etc.

  6. #6
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Picture behind text in Cells

    Take a picture (camera tool) of the cell with the text and "develop" it on
    top of the other picture.
    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: Picture behind text in Cells

    Hi Bezza

    Take a textbox from the drawing toolbar and put it over the picture.
    Select it. Enter =A1 in Excel's formula bar and the textbox will reflect the
    content of cell A1 at all times.
    Maybe format the box transparent background, no line, colored font, ...

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Bezza" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Bezza
    Guest

    Re: Picture behind text in Cells

    Thanks for all your replies, they are all valid answers, problem is
    none of them can be used in formulas.

    Essentially what I need to do is put some numbers in front of an image
    and use the numbers in a formula.

    I'm trying to use a spreadsheet to document all our computer cabinet
    layouts, using images of the server and putting power and heat outputs
    over the top. I then want to be able to total up the cabinet and
    provide a sub-total. All these sub-totals can then be added together to
    provide total figures for the data centre.

    Bezza

  10. #10
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: Picture behind text in Cells

    Can you put the pictures in one column and the numbers in the next(or
    previous) column?

    Bill

  11. #11
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Picture behind text in Cells

    Maybe put the pictures in a Comment Box attached to each cell............

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3