Office2000: Conditional format behaves strangely

  1. #1
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Office2000: Conditional format behaves strangely

    Hi

    On a worksheet with premade formulas I used conditional format to mark out
    cells with formulas for rows where key kolumn cell (week number - the sring
    in format "yyyy.ww") is not empty. The condition p.e. for cell AA126 is set
    Formula Is =($B1026<>"")
    and when TRUE, then the cell is filled pale blue with dashed borders
    (default format is no fill, no borders, color automatic), when not, the cell
    looks unformatted like any empty cell. It works excellent.

    There was a need for additional conditional format check: the sum of 2
    columns values must always equal with value in 3rd column - otherwise there
    is some wrong entry on row (p.e. some value of wrong type was copied into
    some cell). P.e. for cell AB126 is the conditional format now:
    1)
    Formula Is =(SUM(AC1026:AD1026)<>AB1026)
    when TRUE, the fill is pale blue, borders are dashed, and font is dark red;
    2)
    Formula Is =($B1026<>"")
    when TRUE, the fill is pale blue and borders are dashed

    This format works, when there is a week number in cell B1026 - when
    SUM(AC1026:AD1026)=AB1026, then cell is colored and font is black
    (automatic), when the sum doesn't equal with test value, the font is red in
    colored cell. But when the cell B1026 is empty, the cell is formatted like
    the second condition returned TRUE - it's colored and has dashed border!

    For testing I copied the formula from second condition into free cell on
    worksheet - the formula returns FALSE. Adding 3rd condition:
    Formula Is =($B1026="")
    with formats no fill, no borders, automatic color
    didn't help either. Has someone any ideas about this?

    Thanks in advance!

    --
    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Office2000: Conditional format behaves strangely

    Hi

    Forget it! The cause was 1st condition, which was false for cases when
    formula in column AB returned "". I simply changed the first condition to:
    Formula Is =(SUM(AC1026:AD1026)<>SUM(AB1026))

    --
    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...