are variable table-array names in functions possible?

  1. #1
    JimH
    Guest

    are variable table-array names in functions possible?

    Is it possible somehow to use variable table array names in VLookup or
    HLookup? I would like to create a drop down list of tables, then use the
    look-up function against the table designated for example =HLOOKUP(D6,,2)
    where Scenario is a cell reference to the selection from the drop down list.
    All I am able to get is an #N/A error. The HLOOKUP function works as
    expected if I replace the cell reference (ie. Scenario) with an actual table
    name (eg. Scenario1).

    JimH

  2. #2
    JimH
    Guest

    Correction

    Sorry the formula that doesn't work should say =HLOOKUP(D6,Scenario,2) where

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Correction