how do i get my menu bar back?

  1. #1
    Rienne
    Guest

    how do i get my menu bar back?

    I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but
    that is not even listed in my toolbar section in the Customize box. Any
    other ideas?

  2. #2
    DB Queen (Not)
    Guest

    RE: how do i get my menu bar back?

    If you right click on any bar you have left (one with buttons on it) and go
    down to customise. you'll get a box appear with a tab on it labeled
    toolbars. Scroll to the bottom and tick the checkbox next to "worksheet menu
    bar" and it should come back. Let me know how you get on

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: how do i get my menu bar back?

    Press ALT+F11, go to Insert > Module, copy in the code
    below, press ALT+Q, and run the macro from Tools > Macros
    > Macro:

    Sub EnableIt()
    Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar"). _
    Enabled = True

    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  4. #4
    Adrienne
    Guest

    RE: how do i get my menu bar back?

    Unfortunatley, the Worksheet Menu Option wasn't even listed. Thanks for the
    help though.

  5. #5

    Re: how do i get my menu bar back?

    Is it ok to reset all your toolbars???

    If yes, then close excel.
    windows start button|search
    look for *.xlb (.xlb is where toolbar customizations are saved)

    Rename them all to *.xlbOLD

    Start up excel to see if it's ok.

    If yes, delete those *.xlbOLD files.

    If no, close excel and rename them back (no harm, no foul).