Active Deadline

  1. #1
    Willamina
    Guest

    Active Deadline

    Hey,

    I need to know how to use conditional formating to highlight a date 15 days
    before and 15 days after it becomes due. I'm using =TODAY() to indicate the
    current date.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Active Deadline

    I'm not entirely sure what you want, but in the Conditional
    Formatting box, change Cell Value Is to Formula Is and use a
    formula like

    =ABS(A1-TODAY())<=15

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "Willamina" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Willamina
    Guest

    Re: Active Deadline

    I guess this is harder to explain than I thought... How about this.

    I have a column of due dates in my spread sheet for the whole year instead
    of sifting through it to find out what is coming due I'd like to have due
    dates automatically highlight when 15 days before and after the date. I am
    using =TODAY() to indicate the current date. I tried using: Cell Value Is
    between =TODAY() and 15, Cell Value Is between =TODAY() and -15. This didn't
    work.

    Thanks for looking at this!

    Willamina

  4. #4
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Active Deadline

    Hi Willamina

    only 15 days before & 15 days after? ... select your data (assuming column G
    for this example with the data starting at row 2)
    ensure that row 2 is the top row displayed in your worksheet and choose
    format / conditional formatting
    choose formula is
    type
    =OR($G2=Today()-15,$G2=Today()+15)
    click on format ... set your formatting OK twice

    if you any dates between 15 days prior to the current date and 15 days post
    the the current date use
    =AND($G2>=TODAY()-15,$G2<=TODAY()+15)

    --
    Cheers