Sending rows to another sheet based on value of column A

  1. #1
    Lindsey M
    Guest

    Sending rows to another sheet based on value of column A

    Hi everyone

    I have a worksheet that has 7 colmuns worth of data (it relates to team
    managers, of which there are approx 10 (name stored in column A) and other
    info regarding there team members.
    Each team manager is part of a service, e.g. Joe Bloggs is part of Revenues
    so I want all the rows that contain Joe Bloggs in column A to be transferred
    to the worksheet named Revenues.
    This needs to be done by code, by poss using a Command Button?
    Any ideas on this?

    As always, help is extremely appreciated!!

    Cheers
    Lindsey

  2. #2
    Macgru
    Guest

    Re: Sending rows to another sheet based on value of column A

    Użytkownik "Lindsey M" <[email protected]> napisał w wiadomości
    news:#[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone
    >
    > I have a worksheet that has 7 colmuns worth of data (it relates to team
    > managers, of which there are approx 10 (name stored in column A) and other
    > info regarding there team members.
    > Each team manager is part of a service, e.g. Joe Bloggs is part of

    Revenues
    > so I want all the rows that contain Joe Bloggs in column A to be

    transferred
    > to the worksheet named Revenues.
    > This needs to be done by code, by poss using a Command Button?
    > Any ideas on this?
    >
    > As always, help is extremely appreciated!!
    >
    > Cheers
    > Lindsey

    try to use advanced filter
    or modify this code

    Sub test()
    x = InputBox("What data you want to be filtered?")
    Range("a2").AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=x
    Selection.CurrentRegion.Copy
    Sheets.Add
    Range("a1").PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
    y = InputBox("Name of sheet")
    ActiveSheet.Name = y
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    End Sub

    mcg

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Sending rows to another sheet based on value of column A

    Hi Lindsey

    See
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

    Or a Add-in (very easy)