Check box and a drop down menu in Excel

  1. #1
    EMarin
    Guest

    Check box and a drop down menu in Excel

    How do I create a working check box and a drop down menu that is linked to
    another spreadsheet list?

  2. #2
    Mexage
    Guest

    RE: Check box and a drop down menu in Excel

    1) If you haven't done so yet, click on the Tools menu, then on Customize,
    else goto step 3
    2) On the Toolbars tab, activate the Control Toolbox item and click on
    close. A new toolbar should appear
    3) Activate the design mode button on the Control Toolbox(use the tooltip to
    find it)
    4) Create your new Checkbox / Dropdown item by clicking on one of the icons
    in the toolbar and then clicking on the worksheet you want to add it to
    5) Select the control you want to link to a cell/list by clicking on it
    6) Click on the properties button on the Control Toolbox

    For Checkboxes:
    7a) Locate the LinkedCell property in the list
    8a) Type the name of the cell you want to link to this control (For example
    type A1 for the A1 cell)

    For Dropdowns:
    7b) Locate the ListFillRange on the properties, and type in a range (such as
    A1:A10) where your list appears
    8b) You can also use the steps 7a and 8a for dropdowns (be sure the linked
    cell is outside the listfillrange)

    For all
    9) Click on the Design Mode button on the Controls Toolbar to start using
    your controls

    10) If you click on a control, and it only shows the resize handles, you
    haven't done step 9.

    Hope that helps.