How to lock table on the left?

  1. #1
    boki
    Guest

    How to lock table on the left?

    Hi All,
    I saw a excel file, one of its table (one row) could keep in
    the left sied of screen when I scrolling the scrolling bar. How to do
    that ?

    Thanks a lot!

    Best regards,
    Boki.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How to lock table on the left?

    Tinker with this ..

    Select B2
    Click Window > Freeze pane

    Now you can scroll right, and col A will always be in view (frozen)
    or scroll down, and row1 will always be in view (frozen)

    To undo, just click Window > UnFreeze Panes
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    boki
    Guest

    Re: How to lock table on the left?

    It works!

    Thanks a lot :D

    Best regards,
    Boki.

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How to lock table on the left?

    Pleased to hear that !
    Thanks for the feedback ..
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    London
    Something extra you might not be aware of is that this doesn't work for printing.

    If you want to print that view, you need to go to File->Page SetUp, select the Sheets Tab and then fill in the "Rows to Repeat at Top" and "Columns to Repeat at Top boxes".

    Enjoy