goal seek wont calculate an accurate value past 3 decimal places

  1. #1
    Joe Browning
    Guest

    goal seek wont calculate an accurate value past 3 decimal places

    I have a traditional situation in which to use goal seek. I need the value in
    one cell to equal a certain value by changing another cell. But the value I
    want it to go to is very small like 0.04459. So when I click calculate goal
    seek gets the first 3 decimal places correct, but the remaining ones are off.
    So does goal seek not calculate past 3 decimal places or am I doing something
    wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Joe

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: goal seek wont calculate an accurate value past 3 decimal places

    Hi Joe
    Check column widths for starters and then have a look at cell formatting for
    number of decimal places.
    Mine works fine, Office 2000

    HTH
    Michael