Equation Referencing Row Number Stored in Cell

  1. #1
    Jim Hagan
    Guest

    Equation Referencing Row Number Stored in Cell

    I have an array formula such as ...
    ={ ... *($G$98:$AZ$98)}

    The formula references data found in row 98 of the worksheet.

    Instead of typing the row number into the formula, I'd like to be able to
    refer to a row number that I enter in another cell. For example, if I type
    the number 74 into cell A1, I'd like the array formula to reference the value
    shown in cell A1 such that the array formula is the equivalent of ...

    ={ ... *($G$74:$AZ$74)}

    I use the array formula to create a multi-dimensional data table that I use
    for charting. The same formula may be used hundreds of times when creating
    the table. I'd like to be able to pull in data stored in any row that I
    choose to plot.

    I hope I am presenting my case clearly,

    Thanks for any help provided.

    Jim

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Equation Referencing Row Number Stored in Cell

    You can use the INDIRECT function. E.g.,

    INDIRECT("G"&A1&":ZA"&A1)

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson