How do I make an entire column do the same calculation across a r.

  1. #1
    nitenurse
    Guest

    How do I make an entire column do the same calculation across a r.

    Sort of going through all 140 rows and typing the formula individually, how
    do I get data from two columns to average, or find diferences. I know how to
    do it manually but surely there is an easier way. The books all show how to
    work with columns but how do you work with multiple columns?

  2. #2
    Mark
    Guest

    RE: How do I make an entire column do the same calculation across a r.

    1) Type formula into one cell
    2) Hit Enter (to make sure it works properly)
    cell is selected.
    4) Place mouse over bottom right corner of cell (little black square)
    4) Click and drag as far down as you want to copy the formula, and it will
    automatically paste the formula.

    Let me know if these direction were clear enough.

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: How do I make an entire column do the same calculation across a r.

    Hi

    not sure exactly what you mean, but formulas can be copied & pasted or
    filled (move cursor over bottom right corner of the cell and you'll see a
    little +, hold down left mouse and drag down the column to "fill the formula
    down" - let mouse go)... alternatively, if you mean you are typing in
    C1 = A1-B1 and then in F1 = D1-E1 etc another alternative is to select all
    the cells you want to type in, using the CONTROL key and then (without
    clicking anywhere) type your first formula and then use CONTROL & ENTER to
    fill the formula into all selected cells.

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...