How can I get a pivot table to recognize a growing database?

  1. #1
    Nort
    Guest

    How can I get a pivot table to recognize a growing database?

    I add new data to the data range weekly. To get the (6) pivot tables which
    look at the data to update and include the new lines, I have to go into the
    wizard and redefine the data range for each pivot. There must be an easier
    way.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: How can I get a pivot table to recognize a growing database?

    Hi Nort

    frustration isn't it ... check out "dynamic ranges, naming" at
    www.contextures.com/tiptech.html
    for an solution

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Nort
    Guest

    Re: How can I get a pivot table to recognize a growing database?

    Thanx for quick reply. This looks like it.
    MN

  4. #4
    Nort
    Guest

    Re: How can I get a pivot table to recognize a growing database?

    JulieD,

    That hit the nail on the head. Why didn't I know about offset() before!
    What a useful function. Thanks again.

    MN

  5. #5
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: How can I get a pivot table to recognize a growing database?

    you're welcome .. .it is definitely a useful function - use it for all my
    data validation lists / pivot table sources and Debra's explaination is
    really helpful too, isn't it?