Autonumber in Forms while printing

  1. #1
    Alice
    Guest

    Autonumber in Forms while printing

    I need to print forms from excel with auto-number
    generated during printing. eg 001, 002, 003

    How can I do it?

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Re: Autonumber in Forms while printing

    Is this a worksheet that's set up to look like a form?

    If yes, you could use a little macro and run that whenever you needed copies:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()

    Dim myMin As Long
    Dim myMax As Long
    Dim iCtr As Long

    myMin = 1
    myMax = 3

    For iCtr = myMin To myMax
    With Worksheets("sheet1")
    .Range("a1").Value = iCtr
    .PrintOut preview:=True
    End With
    Next iCtr

    End Sub

    I put the value in A1 (which was already formatted nicely, "000").

    Change the myMin and myMax to what you want and get rid of the preview:=true
    when you're ready to kill some trees!