Hyperlink Function not working as expected

  1. #1
    Hari Prasadh
    Guest

    Hyperlink Function not working as expected

    Hi,

    I want to create a hyperlink to another WORKSHEET in the same workbook.

    I wrote the following in Worksheet "Sheet1" and Cell A1 I wrote the
    following =HYPERLINK('Input Sheet'!E13,"Hi")

    Now, this cell A1 displays -Hi- and the font is blue color and it is
    underlined. but when i click on the cell (mouse cursor changes to HAND ) am
    not navigating to the --Input Sheet-- .What am I doing wrong ?

    (Please note a sheet by the name -Input Sheet- exists.)

    On the other hand If i make the hyperlink as =HYPERLINK("c:\q.xls", N10) --
    then when i click on the cell am able to open the specified workbook.

    Thanks a lot,
    Hari
    India

  2. #2

    Re: Hyperlink Function not working as expected

    David McRitchie posted this and it might help you:

    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5)
    =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

  3. #3
    keepITcool
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Function not working as expected

    following works for me..

    and when you start moving stuff it will still work
    (provided you stay within the workbook.)

    =HYPERLINK(CELL("address";'Input Sheet'!E13))

    --
    keepITcool