make a Year to date column

  1. #1
    Nick
    Guest

    make a Year to date column

    Can someone please suggest how I can get the year to day column display
    Nothing if there is not anything in the preceding column?

    Eg... Column K is YTD. Column J is Invoice total. I figured out how to
    hide the zeros in the J column... but can't figure out how to make K show
    nothing until there is a figure in J.

    Its a simple sheet. Just adds invoices.. and provides a YTD figure. But
    looks DUMB when the last YTD figure is carried all the way down the column.

    Thank you ...

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: make a Year to date column

    Try something like this
    in say, K2, copied down:
    =IF(J2="","","<yourCumuYTDformula>")
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  3. #3
    Nick
    Guest

    Re: make a Year to date column

    Tried that but it doesn't work for the column. I got this:

    82.00 82.00
    441.00 523.00
    210.00 733.00
    109.00 842.00
    842.00
    842.00
    842.00
    842.00
    842.00
    842.00
    842.00
    842.00

    I need all those 842.00 to show nothing because there is no entry in the
    previous column.

    Nick.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: make a Year to date column

    Assume this data is in J2:J5

    > 82.00
    > 441.00
    > 210.00
    > 109.00

    Put in K2: =IF(J2="","",J2)

    Put in K3: =IF(J3="","",SUM(J3,K2))
    Copy K3 down

    Assuming cells J6, J7, etc are currently empty,
    you should get in cols J to K

    > 82.00 82.00
    > 441.00 523.00
    > 210.00 733.00