Excel graphs - two data sets on the same y-axis?

  1. #1
    AndyB
    Guest

    Excel graphs - two data sets on the same y-axis?

    Hi,

    I'm trying to display two sets of data, with identical X-axis on the same
    Y-axis, but am finding it hard. I don't want 4 bars for each X value, but a
    graph with 4 X-catergories containing 2 bars each, then an identical x-axis
    with a further similar data set (i.e. 4 x 2 bars) - anyone have a clue how to
    do this? I've tried just making two graphs and deleting the Y-axis from one,
    but the X-axis never line up in something like Powerpoint when I put them
    together!

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    AndyB
    Guest

    RE: Excel graphs - two data sets on the same y-axis?

    Forgot to say, this is for Excel 2000 bar graphs.

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Excel graphs - two data sets on the same y-axis?

    Maybe Jon Peltier's Stacked Charts instructions will help you:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...kedCharts.html

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List