Conditional Formating - =SUM Colored Cells

  1. #1
    MS
    Guest

    Conditional Formating - =SUM Colored Cells

    Hello.

    Win XP, Office Excel 2003 SP1 Pro.

    I use "Conditional Formating" to highlight some cells with color RED etc.
    Is there any way to SUM all RED cells and plase the sum in an another cell?

    Thanks for any help.

    Br
    Morten

  2. #2
    Spreadsheet Solutions
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating - =SUM Colored Cells

    Morten;

    It depends.
    If red means negative, you can "countif" the range or red cells when they
    are less then 0.

    If red means "because I want it to be red for some reason", you might need a
    VBA macro to sum the cells.

    Mark.
    --
    Rosenkrantz Spreadsheet Solutions
    Witkopeend 24

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating - =SUM Colored Cells

    See

    http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating - =SUM Colored Cells

    See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

    RP

  5. #5
    MS
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating - =SUM Colored Cells

    Thanks to all of you.

    But it looks a bit complicated.
    I'm not an Excelexpert......

    Br
    Morten

  6. #6
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formating - =SUM Colored Cells

    Check out David McRitchie's "Getting Started with Macros":