"Disk is full" error

  1. #1
    Ben
    Guest

    "Disk is full" error

    Hi,

    does anyone get the "disk is full" error in Excel 97 when saving file in the
    network server?

    the error occurred when saving whatever the file size is small or large.

    I am running Excel 97 SR-2 with Windows 98. The other ppl using XP does not
    get this error. THANKS

    Ben

  2. #2
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: "Disk is full" error

    "Ben" <[email protected]> wrote...
    >does anyone get the "disk is full" error in Excel 97 when saving file in

    the
    >network server?
    >
    >the error occurred when saving whatever the file size is small or large.
    >
    >I am running Excel 97 SR-2 with Windows 98. The other ppl using XP does not
    >get this error. THANKS

    What network server OS are you running? Does you server enforce user disk
    storage quotas?

  3. #3
    OJ
    Guest

    Re: "Disk is full" error

    Hi,
    I think this happens when you lose connectivity for a moment (or
    longer!!). Is it not allowing you to save anywhere?

    OJ

  4. #4
    Ben
    Guest

    Re: "Disk is full" error

    The server OS is Win2003, and there is no disk quota program installed on
    it.

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ben
    Guest

    Re: "Disk is full" error

    Anyway to test the network conenctivity?

    Ben

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: "Disk is full" error

    Ben wrote...
    >The server OS is Win2003, and there is no disk quota program installed

    on
    >it.

    See KB article

  7. #7
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: "Disk is full" error

    Ben wrote...
    >The server OS is Win2003, and there is no disk quota program installed

    on
    >it.

    All I can suggest is reading the following KB article.

  8. #8
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: "Disk is full" error

    How big was the file the last time you saved it.

    What have you done to the file since opening it?

    Have you tried to save it to a different name?

    --
    Regards
    -

    news:[email protected]...