How can I remove the hyperlinks?

  1. #1
    SantistaS
    Guest

    How can I remove the hyperlinks?

    Hi,

    I have an Excel column with e-mails but they are hyperlinked.

    So, I cannot edit them because it opens my e-mail server.

  2. #2
    Opinicus
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove the hyperlinks?

    "SantistaS" <[email protected]> wrote

    > I have an Excel column with e-mails but they are
    > hyperlinked.

    I'm guessing you mean "e-mail addresses", right?

    > So, I cannot edit them because it opens my e-mail server.

    If you want to edit one email address, right click on it and
    choose "Edit hyperlink".

    > How can I remove the hyperlinks?

    To remove one hyperlink, right click on it and choose
    "Remove hyperlink".

    To remove many hyperlinks, define the cells you want to
    remove the hyperlinks from, right click, pick "Hyperlink",
    pick "Remove hyperlink".

    HTH.

    --
    Bob

    Kanyak's Doghouse
    http://www.kanyak.com

  3. #3
    SantistaS
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove the hyperlinks?

    Hi Bob,

    Actually my data are names with links to web addresses, but sometimes the
    columns can contain hyperlinked e-mail addresses.
    However, in both cases (Web or addresses), Excel (2003) doesn't show the
    options "Edit hyperlink" or "Remove hyperlink" on right click.
    I cannot also choose cells, because Excel tries to open IE (or Outlook).

    Any help?

    SantistaS

  4. #4
    Opinicus
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove the hyperlinks?

    "SantistaS" <[email protected]>

    > I cannot also choose cells, because Excel tries to open IE
    > (or Outlook).

    Click on an empty cell then manually move the cursor using
    the arrow keys to the cell you want. Alternatively, click on
    Edit > Go To (or type control-G) and enter the id (A1, B2,
    C32767, etc) of a cell that you want to move to. Once in the
    cell, you should be able to define (choose) a range of
    cells, edit/delete hyperlinks, etc.

    Bob

    Kanyak's Doghouse
    http://www.kanyak.com

  5. #5

    Re: How can I remove the hyperlinks?

    If you use the arrow keys, you can sneak up on these links and select those
    cells.

    But you can select your column (or any range)
    hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE, where macros live)
    hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window)

    type this and hit enter:

    selection.hyperlinks.delete

    Close the VBE and back to excel to see if it worked.

    ===
    You could even just select a smaller range and just clean that since the command
    uses the current selection.

  6. #6
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove the hyperlinks?

    Hi Santista,

    If you just want to edit a cell you can right click on it or use an
    arrow to move to it, but changing the content of the cell will
    not necessarily change the hyperlink. The hyperlink will change
    when editing the cell for those that Excel recognizes and automatically
    creates links; otherwise, you would have to change the hyperlink
    as well.

    Removing object hyperlinks from a Cell or cell range (#DelHyperlinks)
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#DelHyperlinks

    Sub DelHyperlinks()
    Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
    End Sub

    Select the column(s), or cells then run the above macro.
    For help installing and using a macro see
    ---
    HTH,

  7. #7
    SantistaS
    Guest

    Re: How can I remove the hyperlinks?

    Thanks David,

    The macro run very nice.

    SantistaS

    "David McRitchie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    : Hi Santista,
    :
    : If you just want to edit a cell you can right click on it or use an
    : arrow to move to it, but changing the content of the cell will
    : not necessarily change the hyperlink. The hyperlink will change
    : when editing the cell for those that Excel recognizes and automatically
    : creates links; otherwise, you would have to change the hyperlink
    : as well.
    :
    : Removing object hyperlinks from a Cell or cell range (#DelHyperlinks)
    : http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...#DelHyperlinks
    :
    : Sub DelHyperlinks()
    : Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete
    : End Sub
    :
    : Select the column(s), or cells then run the above macro.
    : For help installing and using a macro see
    : http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
    : ---
    : HTH,
    : David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]
    : My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
    : Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
    :