Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets

  1. #1
    robertwesley
    Guest

    Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets

    how do I have a new excel spreadsheet always open with pre-set headers and
    footers? There must be a way to do this. I am tired of going into each
    spreadsheet I open and re-entering my preffered set up; headers and footers,
    row height, etc.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets

    Look in Excel HELP for Template

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    jake
    Guest

    RE: Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets

    Make a blank spreadsheet with your preferences set up, then go to File>Save
    As, call it 'Robert Wesley Template' or something similarly useful, then
    (here's the clever bit) select 'Template(.xlt)' from the drop down File Type
    menu. Now every time you make a new spreadsheet simply open the template
    first. All you have to watch for is that a: you don't hit Save and save over
    your template and b: when saving a new spreadsheet for the first time you
    remember to change the file back to 'Excel Spreadsheet(.xls)'

    Hope that's what you're looking for,

    Jake

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets

    jake

    Do not open the Template.XLT

    Just open a workbook based upon that Template.

    Then you don't have a chance to overwrite and also the workbook is
    automatically an *.xls

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    jake
    Guest

    Re: Pre-set headers and footers for new worksheets

    genius!

    excel thinks of everything!