how to lock a single cell?

  1. #1
    has ex
    Guest

    how to lock a single cell?

    I want to make only few cells read only.
    How?
    Many THANKS

    Has

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: how to lock a single cell?

    Hi
    As default, all cells are locked - but the sheet is unprotected. Hit Ctrl+A
    to select all cells and then from Format/Cells/Protection, uncheck Locked.
    Now all of your cells are unlocked. Select the cell/s you wish to lock and
    Format/Cells/Protection select Locked. To activate this, you now need to
    protect the worksheet, from Tools/Protection/Protect Worksheet

    --
    Andy.

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3

    make it read only

    hi genceli;

    select Format/Cells/Protection, Locked

    select tools/protection/permission for users ( second line)/new/OK/OK/OK

    select tools/protection/protect this worksheet
    then enter your password /OK/ reenter same password/OK

    that is it. have a good luck.

    NOTE: Pls. do not forget your password that wrote it. If you have any problem pls.inform me.

    sencerely

    Selami güzel
    [email protected]