Combining data from multiple sheets

  1. #1
    Ron Vetter
    Guest

    Combining data from multiple sheets

    I have been using OmniPage 12 to scan columnar data and then export it to
    Excel.

    So far I have had reasonable success with the OCR formatting but when
    exporting the data, each scanned sheet becomes a sheet in Excel. I want all
    the data on one sheet so that I can manipulate it (sort, pivot, etc.).

    I have had no luck with help at the OmniPage bulletin board so I thougt,
    alternatively, is there a way to combine data from multiple sheets that would
    be simpler than copy/paste.

  2. #2
    CyberTaz
    Guest

    RE: Combining data from multiple sheets

    Hi Ron -

    Have you tried going from the other direction?

    If OmniPage allows you to save the files as Text (I believe it does), use
    Excel's Data>Get External Data>Import Text File command (actual wording may
    vary with version of Excel) and put the incoming data wherever you want.

    HTH |:>)