why have column letters changed to numbers in excel

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    JCereda
    Guest

    why have column letters changed to numbers in excel

    For some reason the column headings have changed from letters to numbers.
    Row headings still appear with numbers. This is happening in all my excel
    workbooks so it must be some sort of global change that I have inadvertantly
    made. Does anyone know why and what I need to do to change it back. (Excel
    in Office 2000.)

    Many thanks

  2. #2
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: why have column letters changed to numbers in excel

    "JCereda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > For some reason the column headings have changed from letters to numbers.
    > Row headings still appear with numbers. This is happening in all my excel
    > workbooks so it must be some sort of global change that I have

    inadvertantly
    > made. Does anyone know why and what I need to do to change it back.

    (Excel
    > in Office 2000.)

    Tools/ Options/ General:
    Uncheck "R1C1 reference style"