Excel new URL

  1. #1
    JoshLukas
    Guest

    Excel new URL

    Hallo,

    i have a problem with Excel. What can I do with URLs in Excel if a part of
    the URL is no more actual? That means in my case... I have about 400 URLs to
    be edited. Every Link has a different URL, but... I need to update just a
    part of the URL. I cannot use the find and replace tool to make it, becouse
    every URL has a specific name which is shown in Excel. So I you can't see the
    path directly only if you are editing it with rightclick....
    In my case it is like this:
    www.xyz/aaaaa
    www.yxz/bbbbb
    www.zyx/ccccc
    where www.xyz is the server and path to file the direct link to a file/site.

    Now the server has changed and it is for every link the same server .
    In other words I need to replace www.xyz/aaaaa www.yxz/bbbbb ... to
    www.abc/aaaaa www.abc/bbbbb www.abc/ccccc ...

    If anyone has an idea ... please

    PS: I am not familiar with VB or some other programming language.

    thx in advance,

    JoshLukas

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Excel new URL

    Hi

    Sub EditHyperlinks()
    For Each h In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
    h.Address = Replace(h.Address, "xyz", "abc")
    Next

    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roundy
    Guest

    Re: Excel new URL

    I have a similar situation. It is a hyperlink that selects sheets and a cell
    range. The name of the sheet has changed and I have a LOT of hyperlinks to
    update. I attempted the method you mention below, but I must be doing
    something wrong. Do I have to enter the entire hyperlink address between the
    quotes as arguments? Can I just enter the sheet name? Old and then the new?

  4. #4
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Excel new URL

    Hi

    "Roundy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a similar situation. It is a hyperlink that selects sheets and a

    cell
    > range. The name of the sheet has changed and I have a LOT of hyperlinks

    > update. I attempted the method you mention below, but I must be doing
    > something wrong. Do I have to enter the entire hyperlink address between

    the
    > quotes as arguments? Can I just enter the sheet name? Old and then the

    new?

    You just enter the part you want to replace, and the string you want to
    replace it with. I.e.:
    h.Address = Replace(h.Address, "OldSheetName", "NewSheetName")

    Arvi Laanemets