Entering a Number

  1. #1
    Gunjani
    Guest

    Entering a Number

    Hi

    I would like to enter the following number in a cell: 09 -5166, but it
    appears as 1193127. Which format do I select to acheive this.

    Many Thanks

    Gunjani

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Entering a Number

    Use text format or precede with an apostrophe '

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Entering a Number

    Hi Gunjani,

    Excel thinks that you are entering a date and so enters the date September 1
    in the year 5166. Try placing an apostrophe before entering the 'number' or
    formatting the cell as text before any entry is made.

    HTH

    Sandy

    --
    to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk