Problem using excel workbook in word mailmerge

  1. #1
    Ellen
    Guest

    Problem using excel workbook in word mailmerge

    I have not gotten any response from the word mailmerge topic so thought I'd
    try here.

    Problem running a mailmerge with an Excel workbook. Some of the worksheets
    work, other worksheets bring up the select table a second time and it is
    blank. There are worksheets for all 12 months. March, May, July, September
    and November have this problem. The other months are fine. We can select
    the 'May 05$' in the select table box, then it comes back a second time
    blank. When we select the 'January 05$' table, the mailmerge is successful.

    Why do some of the worksheets come up with the select table box a second time?

    I contacted the originator of the excel workbook and here's what he said:

    I created all the worksheets the same way. by copying the spreadsheet in the
    tab labeled "List A-Odd Months" and pasted it into the actual month's tab.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Problem using excel workbook in word mailmerge

    Ellen

    Check those worksheets for used range by hitting CTRL + END on each one.

    If below and right of real used range, select all rows below your real range
    and Edit>Delete>Entire row.

    Same for columns to the right.

    Save the workbook, close and re-open.

    Try your mailmerge now.

    For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

    http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

    And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

    http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Ellen
    Guest

    RE: Problem using excel workbook in word mailmerge

    Gord,

    Thank you for the instructions. I sent them onto the person who contacted
    me with this issue and it worked.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Problem using excel workbook in word mailmerge

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Always nice to hear if a suggestion works or not.

    Gord