How can i synchronise worksheets in 2 different excel file...

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Subash M Nair.
    Guest

    How can i synchronise worksheets in 2 different excel file...

    I have a master price list containing different work sheets for different
    brands and also I have different files with each brands prices o it. The
    individual files are containing the same worksheet of the specefic brand in
    the Master price list. So now I want to update only the master price list and
    I want to get the different brand fils get updated automaticaly. How can i do
    this work.

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: How can i synchronise worksheets in 2 different excel file...

    for the cell in your individual file for xlnt red widgets type = and then
    click on the corresponding cell in the master price list...if you have the
    items listed in exactly the same way on both sheets you can then copy the
    formula down...your workbooks are now linked and when you open eaach
    individual file you will be asked if you want to update the data....its easy
    if you can have the two sheets open side by side
    the formula in the cell should look something like this for cell b2 in the
    xlnt book on the widgets sheet ='[master prices.xls]xlnt widgets'!$B$2 looks
    at cell b2 on the master price book xlnt widgets sheet

    --
    hope this helps
    Paul