How to reformat numbers stored as text (apostrophe at beginning)

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    How to reformat numbers stored as text (apostrophe at beginning)

    Is there a way to reformat a list of numbers so the first number of each
    entry does not have an apostrophe? I think it means the numbers are being
    treated like text. I have tried replacing '1 with 1 and ' with (blank). I
    have changed the formatting on the cell to accounting, even though I know it
    will not change the text. Can this be done, because I need to reference the
    numbers in a DSUM and the criteria I have are numbers not text.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How to reformat numbers stored as text (apostrophe at beginning)

    Copy an empty cell. Select your text numbers. Choose Edit/Paste Special,
    selecting the Values and Add radio buttons.

    This will coerce the text numbers to actual numbers.