data import and text to columns

  1. #1
    sswave4dave
    Guest

    data import and text to columns

    I am trying to import a table, separated by delimiters, from the web. The
    table's data changes frequently. I can use text-to-columns to sort the table
    into the proper columns, but don't want to have to do this every time I
    refresh the data. Is there any way around this? Heres the table I'm talking
    about.

    http://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/waves/lat...enp.46062.bull

    Thank you,
    David

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: data import and text to columns

    David

    Try turning on the macro recorder while you open the web site, select all and
    copy then paste to an Excal sheet and do your Data>Text to Columns as pipe
    de-limited.

    Run that macro when you want to reset the data.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    sswave4dave
    Guest