How do I compare FORMULAS in two workbooks

  1. #1
    Doug Gault
    Guest

    How do I compare FORMULAS in two workbooks

    I have found many programs that will help me compare the VALUES in one
    workboodk to another, but I need something that will help me compare the
    underlying formulas.

    We have some financially based spreadsheets that are routed through the
    company for edit/review/approval and when we get them back we need to make
    sure that nothing has happened to change the underlying forumlas.

    I need a program/method to compare the routed spreadsheet to a "Master copy"
    that will check to insure the formulas haven't changed.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: How do I compare FORMULAS in two workbooks

    Hi
    I would have thought it would be much easier - and safer - to protect the
    cells with the formulas in. They cannot be altered by the end-user, then.

    --
    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bj
    Guest

    RE: How do I compare FORMULAS in two workbooks

    try a macro like

    subbkck()
    for r = 1 to endrow
    for c = 1 to endcolumn
    if workbooks("wb1").sheets("sh1").cells(r,c).formula<>if
    workbooks("wb2").sheets("sh1").cells(r,c).formula then
    workbooks("wb1").sheets("sh1").cells(r,c).select
    With Selection.Interior
    .ColorIndex = 6
    .Pattern = xlSolid
    End With
    next c
    next r
    end sub

    This will leave any changed cells highlighted yellow in wb1
    Note if this does what you want, I would change the brute force macro to a
    more formal macro with methods of having the macro select the max cells and
    inputing the Workbook names. I also dim each variable and use option
    explicit.
    but I like brute force macros for initial set ups because it is easier to
    see what they do.

  4. #4
    i have also tried this macro, but not working. getting an error, for without next.
    any idea how to make it run?

    rgds,
    vishal