How long will it take to pay off my credit card

  1. #1
    Wayneca
    Guest

    How long will it take to pay off my credit card

    I am looking for a template that will calculate how long it will take to pay
    off my credit card based on a specific interest rate and a minimum repayment.
    Most of the templates I have found have a field for "Period of Loan",
    however, I cannot complete this field as there is no set loan period for
    credit cards. It would also be helpful if I was able to add additional
    payments and it calculted the earleir payout date.
    --
    Wayne C

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: How long will it take to pay off my credit card

    Wayne,

    My Excel add-in "Calculate Payments" may do what you want.
    It adds a menu item to the Tools menu.
    In the example below, you provide the info for Lines 1, 2, 4, 6, 7
    and it displays all eight lines.

    Works for payment, term, loan amount or interest rate.
    Calculations display in a box, with one click transfer
    to the spreadsheet. Available -free- upon direct request.
    Remove XXX from my email address.

    1. Loan: $10,000
    2. Interest rate: 8.00 %
    3. Term: 13 years - 9 months
    4. Payments per year: 12
    5. Number of payments: 165.3
    6. Payment at end of period.
    7. Payment: $100.00
    8. Total payments: $16,534
    '---------------------------------------------

    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA
    [email protected]XX

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: How long will it take to pay off my credit card

    The NPER function will calculate the number of periods, but it will not work
    for unequal payments.

  4. #4
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: How long will it take to pay off my credit card

    This file might be a help:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...Calculator.zip
    It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm

    This workbook includes two worksheets that can help you calculate the likely
    repayments you will have to make on mortgages and personal loans (including
    HP and conditional sale agreements).

    --
    Regards
    -