Number Field to Text or Words

  1. #1
    mr_bsh
    Guest

    Number Field to Text or Words

    I would like to take a number field in one cell and in another cell have the
    it in words. For example in cell A1 = 1550 while in cell A2 it says ONE
    THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED AND FIFTY

    Is there any way to do this???? Plz Help. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Number Field to Text or Words

    mr_bsh, have a look here

    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Number Field to Text or Words

    No built-in Function, but you can build your own User Defined Function using
    the info at:

    OR download Laurent Longre's MOREFUNC.XLL from here:

    http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html

    With either these two Functions the setup would be....enter the number(456) in
    A1. In B1 enter =FunctionName(A1)

    The KB article names their Function SpellNumber

    Laurent's is NUMTEXT

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld

    On Mon, 09 May 2005 11:57:57 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

    >Laurent's is NUMTEXT

    NBTEXT in the english version of his current release, I think.

    --ron

  5. #5
    Andy Wiggins
    Guest

    Re: Number Field to Text or Words

    This file might be a help:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/...s/num2wrds.zip

    It's in the "Accountants" section on page:
    http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm
    It contains two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing
    routines.

    The code is open and commented.

    --
    Regards
    -

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Number Field to Text or Words

    Correct Ron.

    Must update my posting archives.

    Way behind on Laurent's MOREFUNC version.

    Gord