Formulas not calculating properly

  1. #1
    SueK
    Guest

    Formulas not calculating properly

    I need help! I created a worksheet before with formulas and I protected the
    sheet. I made it so that rows can be added and numbers can be inputted and
    the formulas will still sum the numbers. It worked fine until today. Now,
    on the status bar, it shows Calculate and it doesn't add any new numbers
    inputted. I have to unprotect the sheet and F2 the formula and enter to
    update the sum. Why is this happening?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Jonathan Cooper
    Guest

    RE: Formulas not calculating properly

    Sounds like you are manual calculation mode. could be the result of several
    things. Try going to Tools--> Options-->Calculation and see if it is set to
    manual or automatic.

    Also, look for and circular reference errors at the bottom of your screen.

  3. #3
    SueK
    Guest

    RE: Formulas not calculating properly