Bizarre Excel Mystery!!

  1. #1
    Julie P.
    Guest

    Bizarre Excel Mystery!!

    Please take a look at my screen shot:

    http://home.comcast.net/~jporpiglia/...buy-screen.gif

    Look at cells B6 and B7. They are both centered. The contents are identical
    lengths, yet the contents of one is to the left of the other. Why is it
    doing this?? this is driving me nuts!!

    Thanks for any help!

    Julie

  2. #2
    Julie P.
    Guest

    Re: Bizarre Excel Mystery!!

    "Julie P." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Please take a look at my screen shot:
    >
    > http://home.comcast.net/~jporpiglia/...buy-screen.gif
    >
    > Look at cells B6 and B7. They are both centered. The contents are
    > identical lengths, yet the contents of one is to the left of the other.
    > Why is it doing this?? this is driving me nuts!!
    >
    > Thanks for any help!
    >
    > Julie

    Oh duh!! Never mind! There was a space after the last character in one of
    the cells!

  3. #3
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: Bizarre Excel Mystery!!

    Make sure the formatting is the same -- click on B6, click the Format
    Painter tool ((ight under the Data menu), then Clicl B7. Shuld be OK.

    Bob Umlas
    Excel MVP

  4. #4
    Bill Sharpe
    Guest

    Re: Bizarre Excel Mystery!!

    The real mystery is what happened to cells b6 and b7 in your screen
    shot. Column B is hidden.

    Bill
    PS Glad you solved this mysterious problem, anyway!