Formating a Pivot Table???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    filipus
    Guest

    Formating a Pivot Table???

    Hello excel pivot table experts,

    I have the following question.
    Usually all the results depending how many data-variables you defined
    are at the bottom below each other. is it possible to move the result-
    row to the bottom of their subtable.

    example:

    for instance I have two categories (KG,AG) and
    two variables (participants, age)

    my pivot table looks like:
    AG
    1 2 3
    datas KG
    part 1
    2
    3 datas
    age KG
    RESULT PART
    *result age*

    I wonna change to rhe following:

    AG
    1 2 3
    datas KG
    part 1
    2
    3 datas
    RESULT PART
    age KG
    RESULT AGE

    Do you have any idea????

    cheers...

    --
    filipus
    filipus's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1258

  2. #2
    Sunil Jayakumar
    Guest

    Re: Formating a Pivot Table???

    Hi Filipus,

    This is possible - once you have set up the table, you will need to format
    it.

    Right click on the data row header you want to format, select "layout".
    Here, you can select "Show items in outline form", and you also have the
    option to display subtotals at the top of the group.

    Other options in this screen are to insert a blank line and/or page break
    after each item.

    Hope this helps

    Warm regards

    Sunil Jayakumar

    news:[email protected]...

    www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

  3. #3
    filipus
    Guest

    Re: Formating a Pivot Table???

    Hello Sunil,

    thank you for your response! I guess I am simple stupid...

    I have the german version but I guess you tried to tell me
    that have to use this pivot-table option. on this "wizzard"
    there is an combobox probably called in english "page layout"
    here i have just to options which doesn't change anything in
    fact :-(

    probably I confused all of you guys...

    ms is sometimes a miracle!

  4. #4
    filipus
    Guest

    Re: Formating a Pivot Table???

    Hello Sunil,

    I found the way you meant...

    this works unfortunately just with categorial groups but not
    with data groups.

    I have the sum of participants in my data field and their mean age.
    when I put these data groups to the very left I get two tables. one
    describes the number of participants and the other the mean age.

    at the bottom I have got the summary of the columns of age and
    participants. I would like to have them and the bottom of their sub-
    table (participants,age in respective)

    ah this is not fair...

    but thank in any case

    cheers