Need help with creating a combo box with a drop down arrow

  1. #1
    Elizabeth
    Guest

    Need help with creating a combo box with a drop down arrow

    I'm working in Excel with a fom that I would like to create combo box where I
    can make selections of different items available. Please help.

  2. #2

    Re: Need help with creating a combo box with a drop down arrow

    Take a look at Data|Validation.
    Debra Dalgleish has some instructions with nice pictures at:

  3. #3
    Elizabeth
    Guest

    Re: Need help with creating a combo box with a drop down arrow

    Thanks for responding but that didn't return the results that I'm looking
    for. I would like to create several combo boxes on the form where multiple
    selections can be made from another (data) workbook. My first question does
    the worksheet where the data resides need be in the same workbook as my form
    or can I somehow link it. If I link it does the data workbook have to open
    every time I access the form. Is there some code that I tell the form to at
    look in a particular workbook for the list of items?

  4. #4

    Re: Need help with creating a combo box with a drop down arrow

    I'm not sure how you can use multiple selections in a combobox.

    I put a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar on a worksheet and added a
    name to that workbook that refered to the other workbook's range.

    When I closed the listfillrange workbook, it broke the combobox.

    Maybe you could use a bunch of formulas (on a hidden sheet) that retrieve values
    from the closed workbook and use that for the listfillrange.

    ='C:\My Documents\excel\[book2.xls]Sheet1'!A1
    and drag down as far as you need.