error "module not found"

  1. #1
    Amit
    Guest

    error "module not found"

    I have problem opening an Excel file. It comes up with "Visual Basic" error
    window, and the error message is "Module not found".

    I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 98.

    Help provides following info. about the error -
    Module not found

    Modules aren't loaded from a code reference — they
    must be part of the project. This error has the
    following cause and solution:

    The requested module doesn't exist in the specified
    project. For example, the statement MyModule.SomeVar =
    5 generates this error when MyModule isn't visible in
    the project MyProject.
    See your host application documentation for
    information on including the module in the project.

    Excel file is provided by a friend who uses Mac, and I think it contains
    some macros.

    Any idea? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Mangesh Yadav
    Guest

    Re: error "module not found"

    probably some missing references. Go to VB editor. Tools > References.
    Uncheck any 'missing' references.

    Mangesh

    news:[email protected]...