pivot table add date columns

  1. #1
    Tim
    Guest

    pivot table add date columns

    Hi I have a 24 month spreadsheet, and would like to make 2 new calculated
    columns, for dates adding 12 months together each, is this possible thanks
    tim

    the spreadsheet is date, customer product dollars

  2. #2
    Sunil Jayakumar
    Guest

    Re: pivot table add date columns

    Hi Tim,

    This is possible - you have two options:

    1) On the Pivot Table toolbar, Formulas>Calculated Field. In the "name"
    field, enter the name you want to call it, and in the "Formula" field, enter
    the formula you want it to calculate (Sep04+Oct04+Nov04 etc.) and hit OK.
    Create all the new fields you want using this screen. When you go back to
    you Pivot Table, these new fields will be available in your field list, and
    you can place them as required.

    2) On your data table, insert a "Year" column, and include this in the pivot
    table. This will allow you to drill down or drill up as required.

    Hope this helps

    Warm regards

    Sunil Jayakumar

    news:[email protected]...

    www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

  3. #3
    Tim
    Guest

    Re: pivot table add date columns

    Hi Sunil Thanks for the reply. I had tried this, but find I can not make
    the new field a column, I can only put it in as data. Thanks Tim

    news:%[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table add date columns

    If you want to total each year, you could group the date in the pivot
    table, by year and month. Display the subtotal for the Year field, and
    it will show the 12 month total.

    There are grouping instructions here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish