Macros not recording

  1. #1
    tCannon
    Guest

    Macros not recording

    Please help, I have tried numerous times to get my macro to record. Usually
    on the 8th try it will record. I have Excel 2003, is there any setting to
    choose to force all macros to record?
    --
    Thanks, Theresa

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Macros not recording

    What happens when you try to record? Nothing? Error message(s)?

    What are you Tools>Options>Security settings?

    Are you trying to record while in Edit mode? Can't be done.

    More detail please.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    tCannon
    Guest

    Re: Macros not recording

    Macros is set to medium and when trying to record, the recording box does not
    appear, nothing records at all. Even if trying to go to tools record
    macro/stop macro, no error messages, etc.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Macros not recording

    Tools>Macro>Record New Macro brings up no dialog box whatsoever. Right?

    Click Help>About and select "Disabled Items". Anything there?

    Might be you should have your CD handy and click Help>Detect and Repair.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP