preserving cell format between linked documents

  1. #1
    lyriamoonriver
    Guest

    preserving cell format between linked documents

    I am working in Office Excel 2003.

    The contractors in my office have a special spreadsheet with two linked
    sections that copy all the data entered from one form (the CC) into two other
    forms (the Main and the Addendum).

    In the description column of the CC form, the rows and cells are formatted
    to auto-fit and wrap text; however, when something is typed into the
    description column on the CC form, the description text does not wrap or
    auto-fit on the Main and Addendum forms.

    These forms are protected.

    The input of information/description should only be performed on the CC form.

    We're losing data and having to double-check everything. Do any of you know
    why the form's not preserving the cell format?

    If anything's unclear, let me know, and I will try to clarify. Thanks in
    advance.

    Regards,
    T. Noonan

  2. #2

    Re: preserving cell format between linked documents

    Formulas return values--they don't adjust formats. You have to format the
    "receiving" cells the way you want.