Reference a cell on another worksheet in the same spreadsheet file

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Reference a cell on another worksheet in the same spreadsheet file

    I have Excel 2000.

    I have a large spreadsheet with multiple worksheets in it. I have the
    need to write a formula in a cell in one of the worksheets that
    references the value of a cell in a different worksheet (all in the
    same spreadsheet file).

    I have checked my manual & the help file, but I still could use some
    assistance.

    Thanks in advance for the assistance.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Reference a cell on another worksheet in the same spreadsheet file

    ='sheet name'!A1

    RP

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    RE: Reference a cell on another worksheet in the same spreadsheet file

    1. Click on the cell where you want to return the value from another cell.
    2. Press the "=" key.
    3. Click on the worksheet that contains the cell with value you wish to
    return.
    4. Now click on that cell.
    5. Press <Enter>.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  4. #4

    Re: Reference a cell on another worksheet in the same spreadsheet file

    And if the "sending" cell is empty, you may want:

    =if('sheet 1'!a1="","",'sheet 1'a1)

    ='sheet 1'!a1

    will show a 0 if that sending cell is empty.