can bin range for histograms be on a different worksheet?

  1. #1
    onereallyfrustratedcamper
    Guest

    can bin range for histograms be on a different worksheet?

    I'm doing the histograms for a bunch of test data like I've done the past few
    years. However, I have a new machine and new version of office (Office 2004
    X)...

    So, I have all the data on one work sheet- it's 1800+ rows, and I use
    auto-filter to pare down to the sub-sets I want to histogram. Here is the
    problem, however.

    I used to have a worksheet to put the bin ranges on. It used to work just
    fine that way. Now, however, it appears to not like the bin range reference
    if it refers to other than the worksheet with the data? That sucks if it's
    true, and will make Excel totally unsuitable for my task

    So can anyone confirm that this is the case, that it's a bug, or does anyone
    even use Excel for these things?
    -one really frustrated camper

  2. #2
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: can bin range for histograms be on a different worksheet?

    I don't have a useful answer, but since you're using Office 2004 (which is
    available only for Macintosh), if you don't get replies here, you may want
    to post in microsoft.public.mac.office.excel on msnews.microsoft.com.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    "onereallyfrustratedcamper"
    news:[email protected]...