Formula: Date plus 3 months

  1. #1
    Carly
    Guest

    Formula: Date plus 3 months

    Hiya, I have a date in cell A1 and I want to know a formula which will
    calculate this date minus 3 months, in cell A2.

    I've tried a simple "=A1-3month" but this doesn't work.

    Any ideas?
    --
    Carly

  2. #2
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    Hi Carly

    One way:

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-3,DAY(A1))

    --
    Best Regards
    Leo Heuser

    Followup to newsgroup only please.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    With the Analysis Toolpak add-in installed use

    =edate(a1,-3)

  4. #4
    Carly
    Guest

    RE: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    Thanks Duke. That one would be perfect, but I don't have the Analysis Toolpak

    Any ideas of a work around?
    --
    Carly

  5. #5
    Carly
    Guest

    Re: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    Thats done the trick; many thanks Leo!
    --
    Carly

  6. #6
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    Carly -

    The Analysis Toolpak is standard with Excel. Go to Tools>Add-ins and check
    it to isntall it. It gives you access to quite a variety of powerful
    functions & is well woorth while.

  7. #7
    Andibevan
    Guest

    Re: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    I agree - It is very powerful - why isn't part of the standard functions -
    is this due to the historical versions when the add-in was first developed?

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    username
    Guest

    Re: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    =A1-90

    as in 90 (or whoever many) days?

    --
    username
    username's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1433

  9. #9
    Leo Heuser
    Guest

    Re: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    You're welcome, Carly, and thanks for the feedback :-)

    LeoH

  10. #10
    PC
    Guest

    Re: Formula: Date plus 3 months

    Date functions in XL are a bit problematic.

    With May 31, 2005 in A1 and with

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)-3,DAY(A1))

    in B1 the return date is March 3, 2005

    I don't think that's what the OP really wants.

    Using the edate from the analysis toolpack as someone else suggested may be
    better.

    news:[email protected]...