AutoFit

  1. #1
    Lady Rhyanon
    Guest

    AutoFit

    Hi. I am using Excel 2002. How do I get the Auto Fit feature to work? I
    want the cells to automatically enlarge width and height to fit the text
    that I place there.
    Thanks
    Lady R

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: AutoFit

    ady,

    The height can be made self-adjusting with Format - Row - Autofit. The
    height of the entire row will change. Sometimes. Not just one cell.
    You'll probably want Wrap Text turned on (Format - Cells - Alignment tab).

    There's no automatic provision for self-adjusting column width, though you
    can manually select the column (or a cell in it), then do Format - Column -
    Autofit. It will adjust the width to the widest entry in a column.

    They once tried to make it self-adjust both the height and width, but Excel
    couldn't figure out whether to self-adjust the width or height first. So it
    did the height first, then the width, but then had to readjust the height,
    then the width, etc., and it went schizo and eventually blew a fuse.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Lady Rhyanon
    Guest

    Re: AutoFit

    LOL! Ok. Thank you very much. I will do that.
    Hugs,
    Lady R
    news:%[email protected]...