Landcodes in column A transferred to Continent codes in column B

  1. #1
    John Smith
    Guest

    Landcodes in column A transferred to Continent codes in column B

    Hi everybody

    I receive weekly big Data with land codes, e.g.
    A B
    1 D code should write EU here
    2 CH also EU
    3 VE code should write LA (Latin America)
    4 AR also LA
    5 BR also LA
    6 US code shoud write NA (North America)
    7 CDN also NA
    etc. ... ...

    Thus I can apply a filter then, to make my data more readable and grouped by
    continent.
    I hope a Guru of yours here can be helful to me and shows me ther formulas
    or code for this task.

    Many thanks in advance, Mick

  2. #2
    Pat Flynn
    Guest

    RE: Landcodes in column A transferred to Continent codes in column B

    John,
    You can accomplish this with a VLOOKUP table. Create your table on a
    separate sheet in the same workbook.
    D EU
    CH EU
    VE LA
    AR LA
    BR LA
    US NA
    CDN NA
    Use the following formula "=VLOOKUP(D13,$D$13:$E$19,2,FALSE)" to refer to
    your table-Note yours will point to a differnt sheet with Sheet1! before the
    cell references. Easiest to use the function wizard. This will put the
    pointers in place for you.
    Good Luck
    Pat