Howto: Protecting specifig Ranges for inserting Rows

  1. #1
    MarkusPoehler
    Guest

    Howto: Protecting specifig Ranges for inserting Rows

    Hi
    I would like to protect specific Ranges of my Sheet. The users should be
    able to edit specific CELLS and additionally EDIT cells and INSERTnew Rows
    intos a specific predefined RANGE. But users should not be able to add Rows
    in the other parts of the Sheet.

    Do you know its possible? How to realize that?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Howto: Protecting specifig Ranges for inserting Rows

    Markus,

    If you use a multi-cell array entered formula, Excel will prevent row
    insertion (or column insertion) within that range.

    For example, select A1:A10, type =ROW(), then press Ctrl-Shift-Enter. Then
    select a cell in, say, row 8 and try to insert a new row: Excel will
    protest, and prevent the row insertion.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP