Active row and column header color

  1. #1
    Tony G
    Guest

    Active row and column header color

    I have EXCEL 2000. A friend has the 2003 version. In his, the acitve col#
    is orange and so is the active row name. Mine in just gray, and harder to
    see. Is that a new feature? If not, how do I change mine. I need complete
    instructions, please.

    Thank you. Tony G

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Active row and column header color

    Tony

    This would be a Windows OS Appearance issue not an Excel 2003 feature.

    Right-click on desktop and Properties>Appearance>Advanced>Item>Selected Items.

    Change the color there.

    Note: this will be a global change for all selected items.

    Alternative.......

    Download Chip Pearson's ROWLINER add-in.

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    bigwheel

    "Tony G" wrote:

    > I have EXCEL 2000. A friend has the 2003 version. In his, the acitve col#
    > is orange and so is the active row name. Mine in just gray, and harder to
    > see. Is that a new feature? If not, how do I change mine. I need complete
    > instructions, please.
    >
    > Thank you. Tony G

    It's a new feature but for another method try:-

    www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Active row and column header color

    bigwheel

    If this is a new feature in Excel 2003, how does one activate/change the
    coloring?

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  5. #5
    bigwheel

    "Gord Dibben" wrote:

    > bigwheel
    >
    > If this is a new feature in Excel 2003, how does one activate/change the
    > coloring?
    >

    > Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    Wouldn't it be great if you could because I've certainly never had a colour
    scheme that included orange ...

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Active row and column header color

    Apologies. Guess I misunderstood.

    I thought you stated in your post that it was "a new feature"

    Quoted from that post......

    >It's a new feature but for another method try:-
    >
    >www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm

    Gord